DELAYS CAN OCCUR...
...when the plug isn't fully pushed in.
Please ensure the pins of the plug can reach the power supply by pushing in the plug as far as it will go. Failure to fully connect the plug will result in damage to the charging cable and this is not covered by the warranty.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO CHARGE MY CAR?
One of the most commonly asked questions we get every day is "How long will charging take?" The answer depends on a few things.
1. The state of health of the battery
2. The capacity of your EV's battery
3. The specs of the charging cable or wall charger
Your domestic wiring can charge your EV using an EV Power portable charging cable. The speed of charging will vary:
- 8 Amp - 3 pin plug and socket - 1.8 kW/hr, with is 10km of range per hour for most cars
- 16 Amp - Caravan plug - 3.6 kW/hr
- 32 Amp - Wall Charger only - 7.2 kW/hr
For example a brand new MG ZS with a 44 kW battery will achieve 100% charge in 4-6 hours using a 7 kW wall charger.
We recommend that you always ask a qualified electrician to check the wiring of your home first before plugging in an EV to charge.