OEM Audio will deal with your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 2020 (the Act). This policy sets out how we will collect, use, share and protect your personal information. You can find more information about the Act at www.privacy.org.nz.
2. Changes to this policy
We may change this policy on our website from time to time.
3. Collecting your personal information
We collect personal information directly from you when you use our website and services, when you contact us by telephone, email or register and subscribe to our services or when you buy our products.
We may collect your personal information from other sources if you agree or if the information is publicly available.
4. How we use your personal information
We will use your personal information to:
– confirm your identity
– provide services and products to you
– market our services and products to you, including contacting you by text or email
– improve the services and products that we provide to you
– bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions
– contact you, including about any complaint
– carry out research and analyse anonymous data
– protect or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
– for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
5. Sharing your personal information
We may share your personal information with trusted third parties that work with us to help us deliver our products and services, such as:
– another company within our group
– our IT and computing support services
– a credit reference agency for the purpose of credit checking
– marketing agencies that analyse anonymous data
We may also share your personal information when you agree or when we are required to by law.
6. Storing and protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
No data sent over the internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of information sent from or to you. Once we have received your personal information, we will use reasonable efforts to protect that information against loss or misuse and against unauthorised access, use, modification, or disclosure.
7. Accessing and correcting your personal information
You have the right to request access to and correct any personal information that we hold about you.
When you request a copy of your personal information, we will let you know whether we can provide you with the personal information within 20 working days. Before we process your request, we will take steps to confirm your identity. When you request correction of your personal information, we will make the correction if it is reasonable, and we are able to do so. If we do not make the correction, we will keep a note that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting). We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
8. Internet use
9. Contact us
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have a question or would like to make a complaint, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
This policy was last updated in September 2023.